This Guy Owns The Marina
The Harbormaster is responsible for the safe and efficient daily operation of the HPMA moorage facilities. The following is an overview of the Harbormaster duties:
- Performs daily inspection of all moorage/marina facilities and a general inspection of all moored boats; informs boat owners of unsafe boat conditions as soon as possible.
- Monitors and informs slip lessees/property owner of rule/regulations governing the use of moorage facilities and resolves violations of rule with affected parties. Refers unresolved violations to the Moorage Committee and/or HPMA Manager.
- Receives/approves and records transient slip reservations/usage and provides appropriate billing information to the HPMA office for billing to property owners.
- Makes repairs and supervises other employees, volunteers and monitors work of outside contractors when necessary.
- Maintains in good order, moorage equipment, tools parts and life jacket station.
- Schedule, plans and coordinates annual marina cleanup day.
The Harbormaster works closely with the Manager and the Moorage Committee.