Fire Safety page under construction
NEED HELP WITH FIRE PROTECTION AROUND YOUR HOME?
“What can I do to protect my home and property from wildfire?’
“Where is the safest location for my woodpile?”
“What kind of vegetation trimming would improve fie safety around my property?”
“How can I improve fire safety and still meet the requirements of HPMA Rules?”
If these and other questions are on your mind, the Fire Safety Committee might be able to help. First, we need your input.
Please respond to the following questions.
1. Would you like to receive free consultation to improve fire safety around your home and property? (Yes or No)
2. What questions do you need help with?
If sufficient numbers of owners are interested, the Fire Safety Committee will move ahead to plan a program to help.
HPMA Fire Safety Committee
SUMMER FIRE SEASON PREPARATION
(Select on this link to read the entire Fact Sheets 1-5)
PREPARE FOR FIRE SEASON
FIRE SAFETY CHECKLIST
Immediate Zone around House on Private Lot
• Roof/Gutters clear of dead leaves, debris, needles, etc.
• Chimney recently cleaned
• Spark Cap/Spark Arrestor in place
• Loose or missing shingles or roof tiles replaced
• Eave vents screened with 1/8” metal mesh screening
• Exterior attic vents clear and screened as above
• Window screens in good shape (No holes-Prevent debris accumulation)
• Clothes dryer vents clean
• Nothing stored under decks or porches
• No flammable material by wall exteriors (mulch, wood piles, leaves, etc.)
• Water hoses hooked up and ready for use
• Clear vegetation from under/around stationary propane tanks
• Firefighter access
IN COORDINATION WITH DEAD WOODY DEBRIS PROJECTS:
• Dead vegetation removed –fire fuel. On private lot no permit required. If on Common Area no permit required provided that the material is dead woody material. Leaves and small items should remain on ground. Logs greater than 4 inches in diameter should be left as nurse logs.
• Limbs trimmed 10’ from side or roof of structure-18’ from chimney. On private lot no permit required. If on Common Area, must have a Non-Permit Work Notice from office.
• Limbs trimmed 12’ above driveway or gravel paths. On private lot no permit required. If on Common Area, must have a Non-Permit Work Notice from office.